Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bloody Mary Salad, My Salad Soulmate, and Memorial Day Weekend

So yesterday I went on a rant about how I had discovered my salad soulmate and as promised, here you are.  This, my friends, is a new high in lows.  Bloody. Mary. Salad.



What you need for about 4 side servings:

4 tomatoes, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
2 tablespoonsWorcestershire sauce*  ((damn is that hard to spell))
2 tablespoons vodka ((yep))
1 tsp celery salt
fresh cracked pepper
squeeze of lime

Drink your salad:

Throw everything in a bowl, mix it around, cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.  Now, if there are going to be kids around, it would behoove me to tell you to leave out the vodka ((I know, it's just a little)), but you do as you please.

There are several recipes posted for this ((once I heard of it and started googling,)) but this is based on the way I make a bloody mary.  There are tons of things you could add based on typical garnishes for the drink:  pickled peppers, cocktail onions, pickled asparagus, BACON, pepperoni, etc etc etc.

*I used way more Worcestershire because I love it almost as much as Patrick Swayze.  Almost.




*****

It's Memorial Day weekend.  Be a peach and in between enjoying your long weekend and relaxing, take a moment to remember why we have this weekend, wouldya?

No comments:

Post a Comment