Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tomatogeddon ((Tomato Sauce)), Good Sides, and Previews

I'm taking another cop-out this evening.  Here's why:

1.  In the past 36 hours I have made 4 loaves of zucchini bread, 4 loaves of banana bread, 2 dozen apple muffins, 2 dozen corn flake muffins, 8 dozen peanut butter cookies, a rum cake, a coffee cake, a casserole, 500 dog treats, 2 pitchers of sangria, half a fruit salad, and made 25 lbs of tomatoes into sauce.  As of this moment, everything is packaged except the sauce which is still simmering on the stove and smells AMAZING.

2.  I did the filming today for the journalism project I was drafted for...  I gave them two rules: make sure the kitchen doesn't look dirty in the shots ((the floors are well, well-used in the kitchen area)) and get my good side assuming I have a good side.  It was definitely fun and I can't wait to see the finished product!  I suspect I was talking too fast in the interview portion though...

3.  I have like 25 people coming over here tomorrow and if you reference Point #1, you can imagine I have some cleaning up to do.  I think I may have to issue an ultimatum:  Do you people want brunch as promised or would you like me to vacuum?  That's what I thought.

4.  Speaking of food, here's tomorrow's menu: green chile breakfast enchiladas, the sun-dried egg bake referenced a couple of weeks ago, Mexican breakfast potatoes, coffee cake, and fruit salad with dip.  I've also restocked the bloody mary bar and have strawberry basil white wine sangria marinating.

Okay.  I really must get the sauce finished so it can cool enough to package prior to midnight.

25 lbs of romas.  And SOMEHOW that reduces to one stock pot.  Tragic.

Bake sale preview
Gotta run.  I will have something with some semblance of sense to add tomorrow.  Maybe.






No comments:

Post a Comment